Saving a scene when your partner is tanking.
Saving a scene when your partner is tanking, as suggested by Dave Ries
- Yell "REWIND", make a sound like a record going backwards, and then start the scene from the beginning.
- Throw an edit grenade and move on.
- Everytime your scene partner digs a hole, finish the line with Wackity Schmackity Doo.
- Heighten the tanking by trying to overtank the tanker.
- Turn into a racist/sexist and start ranting. This draws focus away from the scene.
- Draw a line down the scene and say 'you do your scene there, and i'll do mine here. let the audience vote for who is better'. So sayeth the improv kumite.
- Turn your scene partner into a robot, and hit the mute button.
- Look at yourself in the improv mirror. The scene partner tanking is just an illusion. You are the one that is tanking.
- Give the scene mouth-to-mouth by turning it blue.
- Say "Rene, stop tanking the scene please". No need to get mean.