Words of Wisdom: Sketch Comedy
Sketch Comedy (as requested by Zach Ward):
- A sketch without bits and puns is a soliloquy
- The Far Side is a good example of sketched comedy, whereas Mary Worth is not
- If you write a blackout, use braile to read it in the dark
- Can’t spell skit without Kit, and he is funny
- If you are having trouble writing a sketch, integrate poop. Poop is always funny.
- The difference between US & British sketch is that in Britain, the jokes are on the wrong side of the curtain.
- If someone laughs at your sketch, it’s okay to use it as a series and a big budget movie, just ask Lorne Michaels.
- There are thousands of sketchs that use racism and stereotypes. There’s a reason, they are funny.
- If you are starting out a sketch group, make sure there is a hot guy/girl in the group that you can make a sketch about making out with.
- If your mom thinks your sketch is the best thing ever, tell someone who does improv so they can use your premise in their routine.
- Posted in: Words of Wisdom