Words of Wisdom for new Pathfinder Society GMs
This was sparked from a question on the VL boards.
Some things for a new GM:
1. Be prepared. Read the scenario a few times.
2. Miniatures help, but are not necessary. The Bestiary Box is a great substitute for plastic minis.
3. You don’t have to know all of the rules. You have to know where to find the rules.
4. Voices are fun, but story drives the plot.
5. Pre-draw maps if possible. This speeds things up.
6. If the games goes off book, enjoy it. Players are very creative.
7. Ask for help if you need it.
8. Make eye contact and speak succinctly to players.
9. Enjoy yourself.
10. There is no winning or losing in PFS, only playing.
- Posted in: D&D